Portfolio Storytelling Review
What is a Portfolio Storytelling Review?
Not a traditional portfolio review. I’ll give feedback on your storytelling approach in your About section and case studies. I do not give feedback on your work itself.
- Asynchronous coaching package
- Tell your unique story for a specific audience
- Improve the way you describe yourself, your projects, and your process
If you’re struggling to describe your work effectively or don’t know what to write at all, I’m here to help. Below is a breakdown of the PSR process.
Step 1: Zoom Chat
- Begin with a 30-minute Zoom chat
- Help me understand your goals, your audience, and your work
Step 2: Workbook & Feedback Video
Portfolio Storytelling Workbook
- Receive immediate access to the workbook
- Contains reflection questions, writing exercises, checklists, and tips
- Transforms your approach to writing
- Helps you to create a personal, unique portfolio story
- Receive a short video walkthrough of your site, similar to my case studies
- Includes overall impression and big-picture suggestions to improve
- Feedback guides you as you complete the workbook
- Take as much time as you need for this step to include the right content
Step 3: Feedback in Hypothesis and Checklist
- Begins once you complete your first round of revisions
- Receive private comments on each of your portfolio pages
- Specific feedback to improve your content, style, and visual hierarchy
- Receive a personalized checklist to keep you focused
- Typical turnaround time for this step is one week
Step 4: Revisions
- Thirty days of support via email as you revise
Standard package: $285*
Get personalized feedback with comments about how to tell your story, be concise, and engage your audience. Includes feedback on the Home, About, and 3 Project pages.
Advanced package: $425*
Advanced writing help on a sentence-by-sentence level for creatives who want extensive proofreading in addition to my standard feedback. Includes grammar correction and writing guidance for international designers. Includes feedback on the Home, About, and 3 Project pages.
* Some portfolios have much more writing than others, like UX Designers with case studies. These prices are based on long project pages with a lot of written content. If you have more than three projects or a lot less writing than my average client, the price will be adjusted.
Jessica did a fantastic job walking through my website and providing an unbiased, outsider’s view on how others might experience my website. She provided clear, actionable feedback on improvements that I might make, all in easy to understand and kind language. I never felt criticized or felt like the efforts I had put into my site were devalued.