Feedback + Portfolio Storytelling Workbook
I created the Portfolio Storytelling Workbook to help my clients solve the most common problems in their portfolio case studies.
It includes tips, reflection questions, writing exercises, and checklists to guide you through every step of the storytelling process.
And best of all, once you’re finished, you can get feedback that is specific, actionable, and kind. Get inspired, get writing, and get hired faster!
When you choose this 1-hour coaching package, you get the workbook for free!
As soon as you purchase this option, you'll receive the digital workbook and be invited to join my private Slack channel. As you complete the workbook, you can ask me any questions you may have through Slack or email.
Once you've finished the workbook, you can book an hour of coaching feedback with me. You'll be able to share your writing in the Google Doc companion to the workbook, and I'll look at your portfolio. I'll provide suggestions to help you improve with written comments or we can meet in Zoom - whatever you prefer.
Portfolio Storytelling Workbook
When you write about the projects in your portfolio, are you...
- struggling to stand out?
- wondering how you can tell your story clearly?
- wishing you could connect with your audience?
These are the problems I most frequently see in my Portfolio Storytelling Reviews. I created this workbook to help designers tell their unique portfolio stories more easily. If you're looking for storytelling support with your portfolio case studies, this workbook is for you.
What are the steps for telling your story?
Everyone talks about the importance of storytelling when sharing your work, but they don't often explain the steps needed to make that happen. This workbook will walk you through the entire writing process to help you change your mindset and tell a story that is uniquely yours. I've broken it down from start to finish so that designers can stop procrastinating and finish their portfolios faster.
The Portfolio Journey
You'll transition through this process during your journey to a better portfolio:
- The Problem: Many designers struggle to tell their portfolio stories.
- The Myth: They feel they need to do what everyone else is doing to succeed.
- Your Truth: In reality, your differences can help you stand out and get noticed.
- Your Plan: Create a clear structure for sharing your unique story.
- Your Audience: Make it specific so your audience can connect with you and appreciate your work.
- Your Words: Use powerful language to help your audience visualize the details.
- Your Story: Put it all together to create your unique portfolio story and a great personal brand.
- Your Credibility: Show your credibility with strong content, a professional writing style, and impressive visuals.
"I always pushed back the storytelling part of the portfolio. I hadn't the faintest idea, which made it more intimidating. Jessica understands the struggles designers and artists go through, and her portfolio workbook shows that with its step-by-step guidance. I know that I can refer back to it whenever I feel stuck. Out of many, the questionnaires and checklists are my favorite, which make me reflect on my work on a deeper level and serve as concrete and detailed action plans."
– Hyeyun Min
"I just wanted to say thank you for the Portfolio Storytelling Workbook. It has helped me immensely in crafting a solid portfolio case study and I've even applied some of the approaches when making presentations. I found the checklist to be extremely helpful and I am thrilled to say that my portfolio was getting looks from hiring managers which led to a handful of interviews as well. I gave your workbook 5 stars because it was an excellent source for crafting compelling case studies with the audience in mind for my portfolio."
– Michael Tran
About the Author
Inside the Workbook
- Reflection questions to help you get inspired and motivated to write
- Examples to provide extra clarity about how to complete the prompts
- Tips on what to do and what to avoid based on my past clients
- Writing exercises to help you get organized and create a clear structure
- Checklists to make sure you don't forget any important content or steps
- Google Doc companion includes all the prompts (which you can share to get feedback)
Why should you buy this product now?
If you're tired of procrastinating on your portfolio, this workbook will help you take direct action to ensure that you have the right content, professional style, and an impressive layout.
How is this different from all the other portfolio advice you've seen?
Most portfolio advice is given by designers. They can share great tips about creating your portfolio projects, but I offer something different. I've used my teaching expertise and coaching experience to create a storytelling guide. This workbook breaks down the complex task of telling your portfolio story into manageable steps. It includes clear, specific exercises to help you get inspired, get organized, and get writing so that you can share your work with pride.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.